- Attention Students … if you are a student council member for NEXT SCHOOL YEAR, a class officer, ASB Officer, or Leadership Student, there is a mandatory meeting at lunch today in room 501. See Ms. Tozlian with any questions.
- The 7th annual St. Baldrick’s head shaving event is Thursday, May 24th. If you don’t want to go bald, students can donate 8 inches of hair to Pantene to help kids who need wigs! Over the past 6 years Buchanan has raised over $55,000 all for childhood cancer research! If you want to be a part of this awesome event, please see Mr. Martinez in room 156 for details. Be Brave, Go Bald.
- All freshman and JV baseball players are to turn in their uniforms to coach Donald in room 106 ASAP.
- Baseball tryouts for Buchanan’s B Legion summer team is Wednesday, May 30th for all freshman interested in playing baseball this summer for Buchanan High School. You must attend the tryout to make one of the two summer teams. See Coach Donald in room 106 if you have any questions.
- Reminder to Seniors: you will be able to complete your senior counseling survey found on the Senior Information page of the Counseling Center website during your Gov’t/Econ class. During this survey you may request a final official transcript to be sent to the college you will be attending in the fall. Please make sure to put the name and the mailing address of the college. Transcripts will be sent out the second week of June.
- On Thursday, May 31, ALL students are invited to practice Yoga together to raise funds to support teen mental health?! Sign up in Room 554 to be a part of this amazing event.
- Softball – W 4-0 over LIBERTY, will play semis on Wednesday at home vs. Bullard at 4:30pm.
- Volleyball – VALLEY CHAMPS over CH, 5th year, state playoffs at home on Tuesday night
- Baseball – semis on Tuesday night at CW
- Track and Field – Girls Valley Champs, Boys 2nd place
- Buchanan Area Sports Physicals, Monday, May 21, REC, 6:00-7:30pm, $25. It is mandatory that all CUSD students, who are going to be involved in any co-curricular activity during the 2018-2019 school year, have a yearly physical/health screening. Buchanan is offering this evening as a service to our students and will have several doctors in attendance to screen Buchanan area students. Parent or guardian should plan to attend to sign all Permission and Health History Forms, please bring your insurance information. If you have any questions, please contact the Buchanan Athletic Office @ 327-3271.